*All BRASS MOUTHPIECES can be soaked in a cup of hot water to disinfect.
*All WOODWIND MOUTHPIECES can be soaked in warm water tip down (the cork CANNOT get wet) to disinfect. Make sure you are using the correct reed guards for your case so they dry correctly. If you see black on your reed thrown them out- every 3-4 weeks reeds should be changed. (Get a new reed after you get sick too!)
*All FLUTE HEADJOINT- use a damp hot cloth to wipe down the head joint. Do NOT submerge in water.
Wintertime is a rough time for our instruments. The cold and humidity like to make our strings go out of tune often. If your instrument is out of tune you can bring it in any day (Tuesday- Friday, when I am at E-W) and I will tune it for you.
Some tips that will help your instrument stay in tune….
1. Keep it where you would want to stay! No cold basements, trunks of cars or by the fireplace!
2. You are the only one allowed to touch your instrument.
3. Do not touch the pegs or fine tuners.
4. Make sure your instrument is in a safe place, so it cannot be tripped on or moved around.
5. Wipe the rosin off your strings, bow and instrument with your cloth in your case.
Stay Healthy Everyone!
Below, A piece titled "Winter Flu Polka" Who knew Coughing and sneezing could be musical!